Colourful Birthday Logos to Customize
The Wikimedia Foundation has published the visuals to be used for the celebrations of the 20th anniversary of Wikipedia. It is a wide range of symbols, representing the diversity of culture, celebrations, the internet, and the Wikimedia movement.
The Wikipedia birthday logo is customizable. Feel free to use the symbols that are most meaningful to you, and of course, you can make your own symbols!
- Visuals and guidelines and derivates from Wikimedia CH
- More resources shared on the Wikipedia 20 portal on Meta
- Please watch the Wikipedia 20 discussion page, join the Facebook group and the Telegram group to keep up-to-date.
- The Wikimedia Foundation is encouraging people to communicate on social media by tagging @Wikipedia and using #Wikipedia20.
#Wikipedia20 in Switzerland
Wikimedia CH focuses on two main topics
In 2021, not only is Wikimedia CH celebrating 20 years of Wikipedia, but we are also focusing on another historical milestone: 50 years of women’s suffrage in Switzerland. Related photos can be found and uploaded here.
- There are a lot of wonderful projects and events in the pipeline. Learn more
- Media release “50 years of women’s suffrage“
- Watch our funny Happy Birthday Singing clip with Jimmy Wales and many more fans of Wikipedia.
- See the Celebrity Greetings on the bottom of this page
- 20 years of German speaking Wikipedia: Action week with an exciting program from March 15th to 21st in collaboration with Wikimedia DE and Wikimedia AT as well as virtual birthday party on March 16th including the inauguration of a virtual exhibition.
- 20 Years Wikipedia Celebration with first issue of WikiSwiss Award on June 12th.
20 Years Wikipedia and WikiSwiss Award
Our event will take place on June 12th from 10:30 am to 3:30 pm at Neubad, Lucerne. The central topic is: “Monopolisation and capitalisation of knowledge: What is knowledge worth in the digital age? Who will control access to knowledge in the future? How can knowledge be made more democratic?”
Register at firstname.lastname@example.org by June 6, 2021.