We are hiring – Assistant 50 %
Wikimedia CH is a not-for-profit association, the Swiss chapter of the international Wikimedia Movement. It promotes free knowledge, in particular through the Wikipedia encyclopedia and other associated projects. As a grassroots organization, it currently employs nine people (not full-time) and works with a community of members and volunteers. In order to fill a vacancy from January 2021 onwards, we are currently recruiting an:
- WMCH Member Management (incl. process optimisation) Organisation and logistics of the annual general assembly (incl. the wiki management)
- Organisation and accompaniment of all Board matters and meetings throughout the year, incl. minute taking, logistics, etc.
- Responsible for several email ticketing channels with general questions from the
- Some data base management and maintenance (salesforce) – donors, members, stakeholders, partners in close collaboration with other staff members
Report writing as necessary
–> CEO and Project Assistance:
- Help and assistance concerning diverse events that the organisation is carrying out throughout the year
- Support/assist the CEO in her various tasks if necessary
–> Mandatory job-related skills/competencies:
- Fluent in (Swiss) German (at least C1) and English (at least C1) and French: nice to have (B1/B2)
- Availability for regular travel within Switzerland
- Strong writing and project assistance skills in the relevant languages (clarity, focussed, expression, results-oriented)
- Experience in NGO functioning and administration
- Some event management experience
- IT savvy and knowledge of salesforce
- Multicultural and virtual experience
- Knowledge of standard communication and Office tools and measures (online and offline)
- Proven experience in planning and executing
–> People skills/competencies:
- Strong intercultural competence and a « can do » attitude
- Self-starter with an excellent capacity to organise him/herself
- Goal/results oriented
- A “thick skin” and effective conflict management skills
- The capacity to work effectively in a virtual team, excellent communication skills
- Willing to take on responsibility and to work on flexible schedules
- Flexibility and willingness to learn and to evolve
- Strong online collaboration skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent relation management and building skills
- An understanding of free knowledge with a strong commitment to this value
- ASAP if possible for the 15th of January 2021
- General availability on Monday mornings for staff calls
- We offer a position in a modern not-for-profit setting, inside a high-profile association with interesting and varied tasks and the possibility of development. Being a virtual organisation without a physical office, the candidate will be home-based, frequently travelling across Switzerland. Any location in Switzerland would be possible.
- Starting salary competitive with early career NGO standards.
- The contract is starting with a 50% and limited to one year with a possibility of extension depending on funding and results.
- The position is directly under the responsibility of the CEO
- Close collaboration with the whole team will nevertheless be necessary
Closing date for applications is set to January 15, 2021 and applications should be addressed electronically to email@example.com including your CV and a cover letter. No need to attach certificates or to indicate references at this point!
Please only apply if you write/speak the required languages at least at C1 level!