On 16th of June, the Wikimedia Foundation Branding Team presented 3 rebranding proposals for
- the movement
- a movement tagline
- user groups
- chapters / Thematic Orgs
- the Foundation.
They now invite all interested parties to take part in an individual survey on these three options by (new!) 7th of July. The more people participated, the better!
Wikimedia CH, official chapter of the Wikimedia Foundation, invites you to a direct exchange on this topic. Therefore, 3 video conferences on Zoom will be organised. They will take place:
- in French: 23 June, 5pm – to the Zoom Meeting
- in Italian: 24 June, 5pm – to the Zoom Meeting
- in German: 25 June, 5pm – to the Zoom Meeting
The feedback from these video conferences helps us to get to know the opinion of the community and to reflect their concerns as accurately as possible in the official statement of Wikimedia CH which we will draft after the Zoom Meetings.
Some further information about the process:
- Presentation of the name options of 16 June
- Slidedeck of 16 June
- Process for finding a name or on Meta-Wiki
- Individual survey
- Executive statement to the 2030 movement brand project by Heather Walls, head of the Communications department at the Wikimedia Foundation: (…) “We should have been clearer: a rebrand will happen. This has already been decided by the Board. The place where we seek consultation and input is on what an optimal rebrand looks like, and what the path to get there will be.” (…)
- WMF Board Statement
Please take note of the Community open letter on renaming which can be signed individually too.
The Branding Team can be reached directly during the following office hours:
We look forward to your active participation and a lively exchange of opinions with you!