Education is at the core of Wikimedia’s strategy to spread free knowledge – online and offline.
Since 2006 we share and spread our international projects by involving the Swiss community in creating, modifying, translating the contents on our platforms and by making them available to the rest of the world.
Discover our education keywords, pedagogical priority and Wikimedia projects and events
in our BOOKLET.
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
- OpenEdu.ch. The open education platform – projects, trainings and news
- Training projects for students, teachers, adults
- Collaborative events (editathon, hackathon)
- Information events
- Wiki days – oneday full immersion
- Wiki campus – full immersion seminar
We deliver and collaborate on educational active programs that advance learning at every level, from children to adults. Our work supports lifelong learning on all levels:
Schools – High Schools – Universities – Teachers – Tutors – Professors – Professionals and free lance – Adults
OPEN EDUCATION: PEDAGOGICAL OPPORTUNITIES
Education key words are INCLUSIVITY and EQUITY.
- Integrated Learning – Connections across curricum
- Digital Gap – Digital access for all
- Special educational needs – Access to learning for all
- Diversity gap – Social justice by representation
- E-Democracy – Critical Knowledge
- Neutral point of view: Access to Neutral information
WIKIMEDIA SKILLS FOR LIFE
In using open education projects you can develop the following skills:
Communication – Critical Thinking – Translation – Social Competence – Learn how to Learn.
Read more in our BOOKLET.
For further information please contact
WMCH Education Manager